People Skills For Christians With Tony Munson :: Tony Munson, Part 1
Our Guest Today: Tony Munson is a husband, father and a senior software developer currently residing in Boise, Idaho. He is the author of People Skills For Christians: How To Change Behaviors That Sabotage Believers’ Lives. He graduated from Washington State University in 2002 with a degree in computer science and has spent the last 15 years developing software professionally for HP and Cradlepoint in numerous technical leadership roles. During this time, he has placed a high value on mentorship and helping others increase their quality of life through people and leadership training. In 2012, Tony graduated from the Life Church School of Ministry (a yearlong Bible college) and, over the past decade, has served in various roles at his local church. He’s currently an instructor at Life Bible College, where he teaches leadership and interpersonal communication skills. Tony is a member of Toastmasters, a club dedicated to developing better public speakers and leaders. He also loves songwriting, reading and teaching. You can read a more extensive bio and his blog and work online at www.effectivelivingllc.com
- Why Tony felt that it was important to write a book titled, People Skills For Christians
- Christians can be authentically born again and have salvation through Jesus Christ, but not have great people skills.
- Sometimes God will change the desires of your heart – professionally, relationally, and emotionally.
- Maybe the Bible is more practical to everyday living than we acknowledge.
- Are we still at 6 degrees of separation or is it less now
- Tony explains the primary way that new opportunities come to us from God
- TWEETABLE: “Sometimes we make it difficult for God to bless us because the right people don’t like us.”
Resources Mentioned (some items mentioned directly or indirectly through prior research):
- How To Win Friends & Influence People by Dale Carnegie
- 7 Habits of Highly Effective People by Stephen Covey
- Emotional Intelligence: Why It Can Matter More Than IQ by Daniel Goleman
- Dealing with Difficult People Crosswalk Article
- Bible: Proverbs 18: 21
- Bible: 7 Things God Hates
- Fruit of the Spirit
- Reflecting The Fruit of the Spirit
- Temporary Assignments
- Feedly – the smarter content gatherer and reader
For Coaching, Questions, or Additional Information:
You can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Coming Soon To TuneIn
Enjoy what you’re hearing & seeing? Do you mind Rating & Reviewing This Podcast?
Your ratings and reviews help us place the podcast in front of new leaders and listeners. Your feedback also lets me know how I can better serve you.
If you have the desire to donate financially to The Wise Idea Podcast, you can do so here. A donation of any amount will be helpful in allowing us to creating the movement to INSPIRE WISDOM.
Christopher J. Harris, a native of Palatka, Fla., is currently Executive Pastor of Crossover Church of Tampa, Fla. He is also the Director of Administration & Vision Implementation overseeing the day to day operations of the Atlanta Headquarters office for Full Gospel Baptist Church Fellowship International. He’s served at ministries in Florida, South Carolina, North Carolina, and Chicago,IL. He’s an author and blogger and most recently wrote a book titled, Temporary Assignments. He’s an alumnus of Florida State University, University of South Carolina, special studies at Princeton Theological Seminary and doctoral work at Nova Southeastern University. Harris currently resides in Florida with his wife Dr Carmen J Harris and their children.
You can check him out here: www.ChristopherJHarris.com
Here are Christopher’s Theological Beliefs: http://christopherjharris.com/what-i-believe/
My family for their commitment to the vision to inspire wisdom in others and release me to endeavors like this. To my Producer, Kevin Scullion. To Tony Munson and Effective Living, LLC. (Note: Want your name listed here? Leave a review of this podcast and you may find your name listed here…)