A Single Woman’s Story :: A Discussion About Singleness, Mental Health, Celibacy, and Life with Mina Nyenke (pronounced N-Yen-Kay)
In Part 2 of this power packed interview, our host takes on the heavy topics of singleness, celibacy, mental health and what life looks like for a Christian single in today’s hyper sexual culture. Mina Says, created by Ms Mina Nyenke, is a new platform that’s been created to give Christian singles a voice and both our host and our guest charge straight forward into the elephants in the room. You can Listen to Part 1 HERE.
- Before the serious stuff, we talked about Nigerian food (You’ve got to hear the interview – LOL!)!
- Mental Health is a real issue.
- Prayer is important, but sometimes professional counseling is important.
- Mina mentioned The Diaspora (and many people may not be familiar with that, so here’s a reference.)
- We talked about the levels of trauma that individuals could go through or experience.
- We discussed whether the church is – inadvertently – keeping singles single.
- “Sometimes it gets worse before it gets better.”
- CAN’T WAIT FOR YOU TO HEAR PART 2!
Links/Resources Mentioned (some items mentioned directly or indirectly through prior research):
- Emotionally Healthy Leader – Peter Scazzero
- Mina spoke alot about “hope deferred”. Here is the reference to that verse and idea.
- The Purpose Driven Life – Rick Warren
- “Your singleness is a gift that is freely given.” – MinaSays
- “How can I worship a God that I think is being mean or withholding something for me?” – MinaSays
- “When does God become enough?” – MinaSays
- “Marriage isn’t a cure and singleness isn’t a curse.” – @CJHarrisOne
- Roughly 10 Practical steps were provided on how to handle celibacy, singleness, and the Christian Single life.
- Waiting and Dating – Myles Munroe
- Understanding the Purpose and Power of a Woman – Myles Munroe
- Single, Married, Separated, & Life after Divorce – Myles Munroe
- Beautiful Uncertainty – Mandy Hale
- God is your Matchmaker – Stephanie Herzog
- Every Woman’s Battle – Shannon Ethridge
- The Bondage Breaker – Neil T. Anderson
- The Wait – Devon Franklin & Meagan Good
- The Father-Daughter Talk – R.C. Blakes
- Why Didn’t They Tell Me? – Love McPherson
Getting Direct Help
For Coaching, Questions, or Additional Information:
You can contact us at email@example.com
Coming Soon To TuneIn
Enjoy what you’re hearing & seeing? Do you mind Rating & Reviewing This Podcast?
Your ratings and reviews help us place the podcast in front of new leaders and listeners. Your feedback also lets me know how I can better serve you.
If you have the desire to donate financially to The Wise Idea Podcast, you can do so here. A donation of any amount will be helpful in allowing us to creating the movement to INSPIRE WISDOM.
Christopher J. Harris, a native of Palatka, Fla., is currently Executive Pastor of Crossover Church of Tampa, Fla. He is also the Director of Administration & Vision Implementation overseeing the day to day operations of the Atlanta Headquarters office for Full Gospel Baptist Church Fellowship International. He’s served at ministries in Florida, South Carolina, North Carolina, and Chicago,IL. He’s an author and blogger and most recently wrote a book titled, Temporary Assignments. He’s an alumnus of Florida State University, University of South Carolina, special studies at Princeton Theological Seminary and doctoral work at Nova Southeastern University. Harris currently resides in Florida with his wife Dr Carmen J Harris and their children.
You can check him out here: www.ChristopherJHarris.com
Here are Christopher’s Theological Beliefs: http://christopherjharris.com/what-i-believe/
My family for their commitment to the vision to inspire wisdom in others and release me to endeavors like this. To my Producer, Kevin Scullion. To Mina Nyenke for your transparency and launching into what God has for you! (Note: Want your name listed here? Leave a review of this podcast and you may find your name listed here…)