Childless, Not By Choice :: A Discussion About Life, Infertility, Grief, and Unanswered Prayer with Civilla Morgan(pronounced Sa-Vil-La) – Part 2
In Part 2 of this transparent, humble, and strong interview, our host, Christopher J Harris, engages in a candid conversation of the subjects of infertility, grief and trauma, and unanswered prayers. Childless, Not By Choice is a platform and movement that was created by Ms Civilla Morgan, MSM, that is giving ladies (and men) a space to learn, grow, and adjust to life when there are infertility and child loss circumstances in their lives and marriages. This platform was born out of the real life struggle of Ms. Morgan. You can see more about her platform, podcast, and social media here: Childless, Not By Choice Website | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | Pinterest | LinkedIn. You can also pick up a copy of her book, Down Again on Amazon.
You can check out Part 1 of the Interview Here.
A Few Key Ideas:
- A transparent, honest, and real testimony of a lady who had deep desires for marriage and children and hasn’t be able to see that to become a personal reality. So, she did something about it.
- The Story of Hannah
- We “choose” how we respond to challenges in life.
- Regardless of your faith, a critical question that we all have to answer – “Do we believe in the God that we say we believe in?”
- Churches and Ministries should be very intentional in its approach of considering those who are childless or have experienced child loss, particularly around seasons like Mothers and Fathers Day.
- God can handle your questions!
- The Childless, Not By Choice is for both Men and Women.
- Additional Notes From Part 1:
- Unfortunately, some marriages are extremely challenged with infidelity issues. But it doesn’t have to be that way.
- Kind, But Firm Boundaries is necessary.
- There are boundaries to your (in)fertility.
- “There must be a battle to protect your __________.” (You’ll have to listen to the episode – :))
- “___% of the people are just not aware.” – C. Morgan
- Those dealing with this reality must find a way to grieve and learn to deal with what the loss means to them.
- For those who are Christians, you must decide if you’re going to believe in the God you say you believe in.
- Sometimes God says no. That no must be trusted.
Links/Resources: (some items mentioned directly or indirectly through prior research and recommended from my social media family):
- List of Support Resources for Bereaved Parents (a wide range of subject areas)
- 6 Ways To Survive The Grief of Childlessness on Christianity Today
- What Was Lost: A Christian Journey by Elise Erikson Barrett
- Mommy, Please Don’t Cry: There Are No Tears In Heaven by Linda Deymaz
- Still A Mother: A Journey Through Perinatal Bereavement by Joy Freeman and Tabatha Johnson
- I’ll Hold You In Heaven by Jack Hayford
- Hannah’s Hope: Seeking God’s Heart In The Midst of Infertility, Miscarriage, and Adoption Loss by Jennifer Saake
- P.S. – if you have recommendations to add to this list, I’ll be glad to review and add it to this list. Feel free to email me at info(at)thewiseideapodcast.com.
If you desire to connect with Ms Civilla Morgan, the Guest, feel free to connect with her directly. See her links listed above.
For Coaching, Questions, or Additional Information:
You can contact us at email@example.com
Enjoy what you’re hearing & seeing? Do you mind Rating & Reviewing This Podcast?
Your ratings and reviews help us place the podcast in front of new leaders and listeners. Your feedback also lets me know how I can better serve you.
If you have the desire to donate financially to The Wise Idea Podcast, you can do so here. A donation of any amount will be helpful in allowing us to creating the movement to INSPIRE WISDOM.
Christopher J. Harris, a native of Palatka, Fla., is currently Executive Pastor of Crossover Church of Tampa, Fla. He is also the Director of Administration & Vision Implementation overseeing the day to day operations of the Atlanta Headquarters office for Full Gospel Baptist Church Fellowship International. He’s served at ministries in Florida, South Carolina, North Carolina, and Chicago,IL. He’s an author and blogger and most recently wrote a book titled, Temporary Assignments. He’s an alumnus of Florida State University, University of South Carolina, special studies at Princeton Theological Seminary and doctoral work at Nova Southeastern University. Harris currently resides in Florida with his wife Dr Carmen J Harris and their children.
You can check him out here: www.ChristopherJHarris.com
Here are Christopher’s Theological Beliefs: http://christopherjharris.com/what-i-believe/
My family for their commitment to the vision to inspire wisdom in others and release me to endeavors like this. To my Producer, Kevin Scullion. To Ms. Civila Morgan for your transparency and launching into what God has for you! (Note: Want your name listed here? Leave a review of this podcast and you may find your name listed here…)