Soulcare :: A Discussion About Emotional Health, Pain, Grief, and Living A Full Life with Natalie Southward
In truth with grace episode, our host Christopher J Harris, sits down with a trained mental health counselor, Ms. Natalie Southward, who has almost two decades of experience and a passion for marriages, parenting, and child/adolescent care. On the backdrop of our interviews last month with Mina Nnyenke and Civilla Morgan, this conversation brings some closure and “What Next?” to the entire series. You can see more about her website and information here: Life Transformation Counseling.
A Few Key Ideas:
- “Dont compare your pain.” – Natalie S.
- “We don’t want to be as sick as our secrets.” – Natalie S.
- There are 5 OPTIONS in dealing with pain
- And then there are 9 STEPS in processing pain
- “Your feelings aren’t going to kill you. Embrace the full weight of what you’re feeling.” – Natalie S.
- “My past is a point of reference and doesn’t have to be a predictor of my future.” – Natalie S.
- “We have to prioritize our freedom” – Natalie S.
- “God will do His work, but there is an action step that is on us.” – Natalie S.
Links/Resources: (some items mentioned directly or indirectly through prior research and recommended from my social media family):
- The Bondage Breaker by Neil T. Anderson
- Emotionally Healthy Spirituality by Peter Scazzero
- P.S. – if you have recommendations to add to this list, I’ll be glad to review and add it to this list. Feel free to email me at info(at)thewiseideapodcast.com.
If you desire to connect with Mrs Natalie Southward, the Guest, feel free to connect with her directly. See her links listed above.
For Coaching, Questions, or Additional Information:
You can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Enjoy what you’re hearing & seeing? Do you mind Rating & Reviewing This Podcast?
Your ratings and reviews help us place the podcast in front of new leaders and listeners. Your feedback also lets me know how I can better serve you.
If you have the desire to donate financially to The Wise Idea Podcast, you can do so here. A donation of any amount will be helpful in allowing us to creating the movement to INSPIRE WISDOM.
Christopher J. Harris, a native of Palatka, Fla., is currently Executive Pastor of Crossover Church of Tampa, Fla. He is also the Director of Administration & Vision Implementation overseeing the day to day operations of the Atlanta Headquarters office for Full Gospel Baptist Church Fellowship International. He’s served at ministries in Florida, South Carolina, North Carolina, and Chicago,IL. He’s an author and blogger and most recently wrote a book titled, Temporary Assignments. He’s an alumnus of Florida State University, University of South Carolina, special studies at Princeton Theological Seminary and doctoral work at Nova Southeastern University. Harris currently resides in Florida with his wife Dr Carmen J Harris and their children.
You can check him out here: www.ChristopherJHarris.com
Here are Christopher’s Theological Beliefs: http://christopherjharris.com/what-i-believe/
My family for their commitment to the vision to inspire wisdom in others and release me to endeavors like this. To my Producer, Kevin Scullion. To Mrs Natalie Southward for your passion and focus on helping individuals and couples to experience life transformation. (Note: Want your name listed here? Leave a review of this podcast and you may find your name listed here…)