The Dad Life With Marc Jeffrey :: A Conversation About The Life of Being A Dad, Real Fatherhood, & and Parenting with Marc Jeffrey (Leader of the #DadLife & CEO of The Legacy Consulting Group)
The entire month of June, we are focused on Dads and Fatherhood! It is a TRUE statement when Pope John XXIII said, “It is easier for a Father to have children than for children to have a real father.” So all of this month, we are focusing on Dads, Fathers, Fatherhood, and parenting from the angle of the Dad. We believe that Dads often don’t get their credit and are their impact is often misunderstood. Our host Christopher J Harris, continues the month-long conversation with Mr. Marc Jeffrey, who’s the lead for The Dad Life Brand and CEO of Legacy Consulting Group. Feeling like a living room conversation, Marc spoke very straightforward about his journey and growth into Fatherhood, his daily navigation of being a dad, and offered a number of great and simple tools that everyone would benefit from. Although it’s past, Happy Father’s Day to all of the Men out there!
(By the way: We focused on Mom’s for the month of May. Go check out our previous episodes!)
If you desire to connect with Mr Marc Jeffrey and The Dad Life Brand, you can check them out here: Marc on Web / Facebook / Instagram / Twitter. The DadLife Brand on Web / Facebook / Instagram / Twitter
A Few Key Ideas:
- “Dear Entrepreneurs, you can start a thousand business, launch 100 projects and take dozens of companies public, but you only have one shot at being part of your kid’s childhood. Your kid doesn’t care about your platform, they care about your presence.” – Jon Acuff (@JonAcuff)
- How do we teach resilience to our children?
- “I’ve learned some much through failure” – MJ
- “I look for the opportunity in the obstacle.” – MJ
- “Many kids want all of the results without the work.” – MJ
- “Past experience carries into the way we parent – good and bad – but it doesn’t have to define us.” – MJ
- “Sometimes you have to unlearn some things…” – MJ
- “Dads should always be students…” – MJ
- “If you’re blessed to have a spouse, as men we sometimes are not cognizant of their strength. We have to be willing to go along with that for the family to win.” – MJ (some paraphrase)
- Mark having fun with a Spam Telemarketer
- Mark supporting his son Ryan on his first baseball hit
- …and so much more!
Links/Resources: (some items mentioned directly or indirectly through prior research and recommended from the Guest as well as our social media family):
- The Fatherhood Principle by Myles Munroe
- Don’t Miss It by Reggie Joiner and Kristen Ivy
- It’s Just A Phase by Reggie Joiner and Kristen Ivy
- 10 Commitments For Dads by Josh McDowell and Sean McDowell
- P.S. – if you have recommendations to add to this list, I’ll be glad to review and add it to this list. Feel free to email me at info(at)thewiseideapodcast.com.
For Coaching, Questions, or Additional Information:
You can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Enjoy what you’re hearing & seeing? Do you mind Rating & Reviewing This Podcast?
Your ratings and reviews help us place the podcast in front of new leaders and listeners. Your feedback also lets me know how I can better serve you.
If you have the desire to donate financially to The Wise Idea Podcast, you can do so here. A donation of any amount will be helpful in allowing us to creating the movement to INSPIRE WISDOM.
Christopher J. Harris, a native of Palatka, Fla., is currently Executive Pastor of Crossover Church of Tampa, Fla. He is also the Director of Administration & Vision Implementation overseeing the day to day operations of the Atlanta Headquarters office for Full Gospel Baptist Church Fellowship International. He’s served at ministries in Florida, South Carolina, North Carolina, and Chicago,IL. He’s an author and blogger and most recently wrote a book titled, Temporary Assignments. He’s an alumnus of Florida State University, University of South Carolina, special studies at Princeton Theological Seminary and doctoral work at Nova Southeastern University. Harris currently resides in Florida with his wife Dr Carmen J Harris and their children.
You can check him out here: www.ChristopherJHarris.com
Here are Christopher’s Theological Beliefs: http://christopherjharris.com/what-i-believe/
My family for their commitment to the vision to inspire wisdom in others and release me to endeavors like this. To my Producer, Kevin Scullion, thanks for your weekly incredible work! To Pastor Canton Jones for the custom The Wise Idea Podcast soundtrack. To Mr Marc Jeffrey for your passion and focus on helping men recognize their daily impact on the lives of their families and how much potential and influence each man possesses.(Note: Want your name listed here? Leave a review of this podcast and you may find your name listed here…)