Episode 024 – How Social Media Has Changed Our Lives :: With Jason Caston – Part 2
For the month of July, the Wise Idea Podcast and our host Christopher J Harris, will take a leap into the world of social media and technology. Social Media has impacted every aspect and facet of our lives. Every home is impacted by it. Every marriage and relationship is impacted by it. Every business and organization and industry is impacted by it. But how and what should we do about it? Our Guest will help us understand the impact of social media and what we should do about it. This Part 2 of our conversation featuring Mr Jason Caston, the Director of Digital Media for Daystar Television, Founder of both Caston Digital and Composio, and author of multiple books. Known in the industry as a solid content generator and industry leader in social media, digital platforms, and media strategy, Caston takes the conversation head on and jumps in immediately on how social media and technology have shaped and reshaped our lives. Every person of every industry will glean incredible insight from this episode and Part 1.
A Few Key Ideas:
- The lines of Online Living and Offline Living have been blurred
- Businesses today cannot avoid interacting with customers on social media – this is meeting people where they are
- Social media has become a crutch
- Do you still memorize cellphone numbers?
- Social media has also made life convenient – do you remember the Jet’s?
- Technology evolves faster and faster for each generation
- Parents – How do you monitor technology usage in your homes with your children?
- Privacy is a real issue regarding technology. While we engage technology we must be mindful of this.
- So – who you are in private – with technology – is who you will be in public as these two worlds converge.
- Virtual and augmented reality (i.e. – Pokemon Go, Fortnite) is here and it’s not going anywhere.
- Everything will be social media and internet enabled (more of your offline experiences will be catered to you like your online experiences and preferences).
- 48 Laws of Power by Robert Greene
For Coaching, Questions, or Additional Information:
You can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Enjoy what you’re hearing & seeing? Do you mind Rating & Reviewing This Podcast?
Your ratings and reviews help us place the podcast in front of new leaders and listeners. Your feedback also lets me know how I can better serve you.
If you have the desire to donate financially to The Wise Idea Podcast, you can do so here. A donation of any amount will be helpful in allowing us to creating the movement to INSPIRE WISDOM.
Christopher J. Harris, a native of Palatka, Fla., is currently Executive Pastor of Crossover Church of Tampa, Fla. He is also the Director of Administration & Vision Implementation overseeing the day to day operations of the Atlanta Headquarters office for Full Gospel Baptist Church Fellowship International. He’s served at ministries in Florida, South Carolina, North Carolina, and Chicago,IL. He’s an author and blogger and most recently wrote a book titled, Temporary Assignments. He’s an alumnus of Florida State University, University of South Carolina, special studies at Princeton Theological Seminary and doctoral work at Nova Southeastern University. Harris currently resides in Florida with his wife Dr Carmen J Harris and their children.
You can check him out here: www.ChristopherJHarris.com
Here are Christopher’s Theological Beliefs: http://christopherjharris.com/what-i-believe/
My family for their commitment to the vision to inspire wisdom in others and release me to endeavors like this. To my Producer, Kevin Scullion. To Mr Jason Caston and his incredible insight on this episode. (Note: Want your name listed here? Leave a review of this podcast and you may find your name listed here…)