Podcast: Play in new window | Download | Embed
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | RSS
Tools For Men With KD Bowe :: A Discussion About Dads, Fatherhood, & Parenting, and Life with KD Bowe (Founder of ManUP Community & Host of Praise 102.5FM ATL)
It is a TRUE statement when Pope John XXIII said, “It is easier for a Father to have children than for children to have a real father.” So all of this month, we are focusing on Dads, Fathers, Fatherhood, and parenting from the angle of the Dad. We believe that Dads often don’t get their credit and are their impact is often misunderstood. Our host Christopher J Harris, sat down with Mr. KD Bowe, who’s voice is syndicated around the country as the Radio Host on Praise 102.5 (based in Atlanta, Georgia), a voice over specialists, and Founder of the ManUp Community, LLC. And in incredible fashion, KD spoke very transparently about his journey, his perceptions of manhood and fatherhood, and offered a number of practical tools that men would benefit from. Happy Father’s Day to all of the Men out there! (By the way: We focused on Mom’s for the month of May. Go check out our previous episodes!)
If you desire to connect with Mr KD Bowe and ManUp Community, you can check them out here: Facebook | Twitter | Instragram | On The Web | Personal Website | The ManUP Community Website
You can also join the ManUp Community by texting “Brothers” to 54244 (You’ll get weekly motivation directly to your cellphone.)
A Few Key Ideas:
- “Most people when they thinkk about a man, they think about solutions. Even though many guys are afraid to admit ‘We don’t know'” – KD
- “There are no real rewards for admitting that you don’t know…” – KD
- There are 3 things a man needs to become a “Force of unstoppable productivity”
- At the core of who you are – beyond your brands and titles and labels, “Who are you?”
- Find out the 6 Words That Crushed KD’s Life (and may be impacting millions of other men as well.)
- “We reproduce who we are…” – KD
- KD breaks down some of the “systems” that are in place fighting men for just trying to get to the “win”.
- “Men need V_______________!” – KD
- How do you know you’re a great Father? (The episode answers the question!)
- “The path to greatness comes from _______________” – KD
- “It’s not about being good. Good isn’t good enough anymore. You need to be _______________” – KD
- You’ve GOT to hear KD’s answers for the Quick Fire Questions! They were HILARIOUS!
- …and so much more!
Links/Resources: (some items mentioned directly or indirectly through prior research and recommended from the Guest as well as our social media family):
- How To Win Friends And Influence People by Dale Carnegie
- The Compound Effect by Darren Hardy
- Linchpin: Are You Indispensable? by Seth Godin
- The Fatherhood Principle by Myles Munroe
- Don’t Miss It by Reggie Joiner and Kristen Ivy
- It’s Just A Phase by Reggie Joiner and Kristen Ivy
- 10 Commitments For Dads by Josh McDowell and Sean McDowell
- P.S. – if you have recommendations to add to this list, I’ll be glad to review and add it to this list. Feel free to email me at info(at)thewiseideapodcast.com.
For Coaching, Questions, or Additional Information:
You can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Subscribe via: iTunes, Google Play, Stitcher, TuneIn, RSS Feed
Enjoy what you’re hearing & seeing? Do you mind Rating & Reviewing This Podcast?
Your ratings and reviews help us place the podcast in front of new leaders and listeners. Your feedback also lets me know how I can better serve you.
If you have the desire to donate financially to The Wise Idea Podcast, you can do so here. A donation of any amount will be helpful in allowing us to creating the movement to INSPIRE WISDOM.
Christopher J. Harris, a native of Palatka, Fla., is currently Executive Pastor of Crossover Church of Tampa, Fla. He is also the Director of Administration & Vision Implementation overseeing the day to day operations of the Atlanta Headquarters office for Full Gospel Baptist Church Fellowship International. He’s served at ministries in Florida, South Carolina, North Carolina, and Chicago,IL. He’s an author and blogger and most recently wrote a book titled, Temporary Assignments. He’s an alumnus of Florida State University, University of South Carolina, special studies at Princeton Theological Seminary and doctoral work at Nova Southeastern University. Harris currently resides in Florida with his wife Dr Carmen J Harris and their children.
You can check him out here: www.ChristopherJHarris.com
You can see his Social media here on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Periscope, and LinkedIn ALL at @CJHarrisOne
Here are Christopher’s Theological Beliefs: http://christopherjharris.com/what-i-believe/
He is affiliated with the following organizations (among others): www.CrossoverChurch.org , https://www.fullgospelbaptist.org/, http://www.mosaix.info/ , and https://www.biblicalleadership.com/
My family for their commitment to the vision to inspire wisdom in others and release me to endeavors like this. To my Producer, Kevin Scullion, thanks for your weekly incredible work! To Pastor Canton Jones for the custom The Wise Idea Podcast soundtrack. To Mr KD Bowe for your passion and focus on helping men recognize their daily impact on the lives of their families and how much potential and influence each man possesses.(Note: Want your name listed here? Leave a review of this podcast and you may find your name listed here…)